FilmWight are offering four bursaries for aspiring movie-makers. This will involve shadowing the performers selected from Platform One’s ‘Wight Noize’ industry showcase during the build up to their performance on the Main Stage of the Isle of Wight Festival.
Under the mentorship of FilmWight’s Film Officer, Dave Russell, four lucky winners will document behind-the-scenes activity on the day of the Festival. And the footage they produce will be showcased on both the Isle of Wight Festival and FilmWight websites; as well as being made available to the Wight Noize winners as publicity.
Each selected film-maker will also win £250!
Entrants must be aged between 16 – 25 and available on the day of the Festival performance: Sunday 19thSeptember 2021.
Two cameramen, a sound recordist, and a film editor, are being sought.
To enter, please send a link to short piece of film that you have produced to email@example.com
Full entrance details can be found on the FilmWight website: www.filmwight.com
Applications need to be received by Friday 20th August 2021. All bursary winners will be notified by FilmWight / Platform One within two weeks of the application deadline.
Rules for Entrants
- Entrants must submit a link to a short piece of film (on any subject) that they have produced to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday 20th August.
- Entrants’ submissions must be accompanied by the entrant’s name, age, address and contact details (phone / email).
- Entrants must denote which bursary they are interested in: camera, sound or digital editing.
- Entrants must confirm that they are resident on the Isle of Wight and will be aged between 16 – 25 on Sunday 19th September 2021.
- Entrants must confirm that they will be available on day of the shoot: Sunday 19th September 2021 from 9:00am – 6:00pm.
- Entrants must confirm that they will give permission for footage produced as part of the shoot to be used by Film Wight, Platform One, The Isle of Wight Festival and the winners of Platform One’s Wight Noize showcase for promotional purpose,
FilmWight will confirm receipt of all entries by return e-mail.
Bursary winners will be selected by representatives of FilmWight and Platform One and will notified of their competition success within two weeks of the application deadline.
Following successful completion of the bursary activity, the successful entrants will each receive £250 to be paid into their nominated bank account on, or before, 19th October 2021.