Are you interested in improving your school?
Why not use Artsmark to help you?
Artsmark is an award system for schools, developed by schools for schools. It celebrates the journey that a school makes in improving its’ engagement with the arts.
More information on the benefits and process can be found at the Artsmark website.
Isle of Wight schools can sign up to register interest in an Island Artsmark Development Day by contacting the LtL project manager, Sarah Girling. Although schools MUST register for Artsmark first through the Artsmark website. Then the Arts Council’s local Bridge organisation, Artswork will be in touch to discuss next steps.
When you sign up to Artsmark through Lift the Lid, your school will be entitled to:
- a visit from Isle of Wight MP, and Head Cultural Champion, Bob Seely
- Access to a FREE bespoke twilight CPD session “Lift the Lid on delivering a creative curriculum”. This session with your Senior Leadership Team will be a participatory workshop, reflecting on your current long term plans and highlighting ways to maximise involvement with local cultural organisations and artists. This session will be designed to help you populate your Artsmark Self-evaluation.
- Access to Arts Award moderation and certification through the project (Explore and Bronze levels only)
- FREE workshop with an artist, with Arts Award
- Access to a FREE artist led CPD session for your teachers or a heritage session (to the value of £200)
- Access to an additional CPD session or workshop for your pupils (to the value of £200) after March 2020 (but booked in 2019)
- Access to artists working with Lift the Lid through the art commissions
- FREE badge for your Cultural Champions (teachers, pupils and Governors) presented at a special assembly from a CEP member organisation (TBC)