The Great Leap Forward exhibition
Quay Arts, West Gallery
Saturday 8 February – Saturday 18 April 2020
Opening Event: Sat 8 Feb, 12 – 2 pm
The Great Leap Day: Sat 29 Feb, 10 am – 2 pm at Quay Arts and on social media
Free, all welcome! See blog post for further information.
Cultural Champion Celebration -CANCELLED
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 Cultural Champion teachers are invited to join us at Quay Arts on Friday 27 March, from 12noon to 2pm, for a picnic lunch, presentation of certificates and a workshop. More information from the LtL Project Manager, Sarah Girling – attendance is by invitation.
Kids Art Club
On selected Sundays, 8 – 12 year olds are invited to join artists to begin their Arts Award journey with Quay Arts. Each session costs £6. Book through Quay Arts, 01983 822490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Isle of Wight Teachers:
2nd Cultural Expo at Quay Arts on Tuesday 9th October 2018 from 4 – 6.30pm.
The Isle of Wight Cultural Expo is an opportunity for teachers to meet and have conversations with cultural organisations from across the Island who are part of the Cultural Education Partnership. Come and have a cuppa and cake, see excellent displays from Artsmark schools, speak to cultural education specialists and discuss what we can do for you to enhance your teaching.
- 4 – 4.30pm Tea, coffee, cake and browse stands
- 4.30 – 5.10pm presentations:
- Choral Performance – Gurnard Primary (5 mins)
- Introduction/Welcome – Bob Seeley MP (5 mins)
- Lift the Lid/CEP – Sarah Girling (5 mins)
- Museums and Schools – Virgil Philpott (5 mins)
- Artswork presentation – Artsmark (5 mins)
- What are the benefits of Artsmark (for schools/pupils)?
- Libby/Chantal (Gurnard Primary teachers) (5 mins)
- Robert Baisley (St George’s School) (5 mins)
- 5.10pm onwards stands open again to browse
Arts Award training – Discover and Explore
Wednesday 6 February 2019, 1pm at Ryde School Art Department.
Artsmark Development Day
For schools who have registered for Artsmark: schools are invited to attend a Development Day at Quay Arts on Wednesday 20 March 2019.